I’m pretty sure my suitcase and I are mortal enemies…..so here’s what I’ve learnt 😉
- Be prepared. For anything, but don’t fall apart when something completely unexpected happens – which you were not prepared for. If you need something – buy it at your destination.
- Have several different ways to access money. Carry cash, have a card, have two cards – keep them separate. Have coins, again in different bags. Do not have all of your money on you in one spot.
- Sanitising wipes / gel. Sure – it’s not the same feeling as washing your hands – but sometimes your hands just feel gross.
- You can never have too many pairs of underwear. Seriously.
- Unpack half of the clothes you pack – you will NOT use them.
- You do not need more than 2-3 pairs of shoes.
- Don’t pack something you have not worn/used before.
- If you have things packed in space bags – you have too much stuff.
- Be safe, be aware of your surroundings and make good choices. You are not invincible. Lock your bags, don’t leave them out of sight and for the love of god – don’t let a stranger touch / handle your bag. This seems obvious but people continue to get caught smuggling things. Set-up or not – just play it safe.
- Passport. That is all. Keep it on you.